The last three years we have seen unprecedented changes in our world and nation as a result of the worldwide recession. We are reminded of how fragile our economy is and how much of an impact the United States has on other economies.
The Bible encourages us to be “men of Isaachar, who understand the signs of the times.” It is important to operate from an informed and balanced perspective on the events of our world. It is easy to err on either side of this fence.
I have the privilege to be connected to many worldwide leaders and receive updates on information from various sources. I have relationships at high levels related to economic issues. I have found myself needing to get clarity and decipher what is sound wisdom and discernment about the current times we live. I want to share some of what I am hearing, seeing and digesting and my own assessment of where our economy is right now and what God might be saying through these events. I will do this by sharing insights from others and let you make your own decision. I also share with you links to other data that allows you to evaluate things for yourself (see below).
I am also connected to several prophetic voices in our nation and in the world. It is interesting to read and listen to what is being said and how consistent the word is coming forth regarding the spiritual interpretation of these events.
Let me give you several bullets of assessments as I see based on the collective input I have received.
From the Natural Viewpoint on the Economy
· The recession is not something we will dig out of quickly. The US debt is too large now. Politicians will not have the backbone to do what is really necessary to solve this problem.
· There is a major world energy crisis that is on the horizon that will compound the economic issues. This has not been in the news.
· It is likely we will see greater deflation and a deeper recession before it is all over. There are varying degrees of what this might look like, but there is consensus things will get worse economically. The current uptick in the stock market is a false rally.
· Now is the time to avoid any type of debt. Housing is likely to go down further. Recovery is a long way away. It is not a good time to buy a home.
· Those who are debt-free will see many opportunities from this crisis.
· Most expect some type of catalyst to launch the next downturn – Euro crisis, failure of banks in Europe, US debt, etc.
From the Spiritual Viewpoint on the Economy and World
· One respected friend sees the current crisis as a time of coming into a maturity of a judgment from God on mammon and greed in society worldwide.
· Three prophetic voices see this as a time God is ushering His Josephs and it will be a period of great growth and opportunity for the Church at large.
· Believers will begin to influence the cultural mountains more than at any other time in history. God is elevating many currently within the 7 cultural mountains.
· One prophetic voice feels this is comparable the fruition of the iniquity of the Amorites and when Israel came out of slavery; the people were circumcised first in preparation for going into the Promised Land.
· One voice speaks of 2011 as an economic challenge that will redefine our relationship with God and correct many false beliefs many have had toward God as Father.
· Many will have to trust God more than they ever have and it will be a time of problem solving through His Josephs.
· This is not a time to instill fear and begin hoarding resources but Godly preparation, to use the same wisdom of Joseph to understand the signs of the times, to avoid debt and seek the Lord more fully to understand His plans to experience His greater power in your life to impact the world.
No matter how smart or how much data may indicate something will happen, there is often a God-factor we simply cannot predict. That is why our faith and trust must be in God who desires to always be our Father and provider.
Recommended Presentations on Economy
Automatic Earth Video Power Point Presentation on Global Energy Crisis and Economic Crisis
Nicole M. Foss is co-editor of The Automatic Earth, where she writes under the name Stoneleigh. She and her writing partner have been chronicling and interpreting the on-going credit crunch as the most pressing aspect of our current multi-faceted predicament. The site integrates finance, energy, environment, psychology, population and real politik in order to explain why we find ourselves in a state of crisis and what we can do about it. Prior to the establishment of TAE, she was previously editor of The Oil Drum Canada, where she wrote on peak oil and finance. Her academic qualifications include a BSc in biology from Carleton University in Canada (where she focused primarily on neuroscience and psychology), a post-graduate diploma in air and water pollution control, the common professional examination in law and an LLM in international law in development from the University of Warwick in the UK. She was granted the University Medal for the top science graduate in 1988 and the law school prize for the top law school graduate in 1997.
Her presentation costs $12.50 to view but is well worth the cost.
Porter Stansberry, Investment Research Company Video Power Point
Bob Hartley, prophetic voice from Kansas City. Detailed word on upcoming events and our need to see hope in the midst of the future challenges. Watch video interview and download Part 1,2, and 3 of his word. http://www.bobhartley.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=61&Itemid=137
Comments are closed for this blog post